Saturday, October 22, 2011

Moet & Chandon Strawberry Cupcakes

I'm getting ahead of myself here and making champagne cupcakes to celebrate the All Blacks victory tomorrow night! 
It had to be black and white. Go the ABs!


This week I got some new toys. Flower cutters and veiners had arrived in the mail as well as my personal embrosser from Williams Sonoma. Other goodies should arrive on Monday.How I wish I lived in the U S of A! I would love to shop in places such as Dean & Deluca whenever I fancied :( Farro Fresh and Nosh Food Market can't compare.
Made from scratch! No box mix here. The 'From the kitchen' version had a rather boring rolling pin picture.
You can buy interchangeable plates. I got this one for non-baking present giving.



Last night I tried out the Petunia cutter and was blown away by how easy it was to use. I think it was a combination of good cutter and good fondant! It was my first time using Satin Ice and I can tell you I will not be buying any other brand from now on. It is super dooper easy to use! Doesn't stick and smooth finish.




My flower trays only arrived in the mail this morning so I improvised and stacked them on my pressie tray from Miss Bakeaholic.


My champagne strawberry cupcakes was adapted from DC Cupcakes recipe available on Oprah's website. It recommended pink rose champagne however I figured an ALL BLACK bottle was more appropriate! I lie... LOL, J told me to choose a bottle we had multiples of, it just so happened to be black, the Piper Rose Sauvage I had my eye on is still sitting safe with the other champagne bottles :( hehehe! :)




Champagne started bubbling when poured on the yummy fresh NZ strawberries...




And here is the finished first batch, I made it today so J could bring 2 doz to work tomorrow to ease the crappiness of working on Rugby World Cup Final sunday. I shall be eagerly waiting to head out with J the minute he gets in tomorrow :)




Sorry I'm commenting in paragraph rather than caption. The photos keep jumping to other parts of the post whenever I attempt to add a caption... How annoying! Cupcake courier getting used for the first time above.
And below is the second batch for home. Kinda ran out of champagne buttercream!




And that's all for this weekend. Go the ABs!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment