Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Raspberry Macarons with Seedless Raspberry Jam & Freshly Whipped Cream!

Decided to give Guillaume's strange french method recipe another go last night. Strange because he doesn't incorporate sugar into the whites at all. Doesn't that make it very unstable? Since the italian method is supposed to be stable because it binds the sugar with the whites... Food chemistry... let's not go there!


I didn't age my whites... Big NO NO for french method. Sounding like a recipe for disaster yet? hehe! 


So here is my over coloured whipped egg whites...
Pretty rose colour

Macaronage


French method  plus Silpat I find always results in wetter feet, but fret not! Nothing a 2 minute "blast freeze" won't fix say the pros! Obviously I don't have a commercial blast freezer so I used the fast freeze option on the freezer. Give it a go if you get sticky feet, it'll come right off.
Silpat lower, Parchment further away - again not much difference in feet


Made some seedless raspberry jam. Much more enjoyable to eat without seeds!
Sieving out the seeds


Filled them with freshly whipped cream and jam. Unconventional filling because it's too moist~ Eat straight away (french shells don't need maturing imho) or store in the freezer so that the cream doesn't turn the shells to mush :)


I won't be using this recipe again as I find it results in a rather coarse exterior. Guillaume uses commercial almond meal so perhaps his grain is much smoother and it works for him. 
Was contemplating blogging straight away...
The photo just above reminded me of my favourite brand Q Pot. Such a pity I didn't manage to find a store during my flying (3 short days) trip to Tokyo. I hope they still have this design when I next visit!


Q Pot!
Speaking of Q Pot, when I saw Laduree's latest strawberry cupcake design last week, I thought it looked inspired by Q Pot's design!
Laduree Strawberry Cupcake- the swirl, the strawberry and sparkly accent 
Q Pot cream ring :)


With JJ's birthday this Wednesday (just baking a simple lemon cake), my birthday this Thursday and our anniversary as well, parties and dining out are in order so I think I'll take a well deserved hiatus from baking!!!


Ciao bella!~



0 comments:

Post a Comment