Friday, September 9, 2011

Lemon Meringue Cuppies for J's colleagues

Today is RWC 2011 opening day! As most kiwis would be slacking at work today :P I thought some cupcakes would go down well at J's work. My two bosses aren't really into sugary treats so none for my work. I thought about trying out an orange cupcake recipe to go with the sparkly orange sherbet sprinkles I'd purchased this week but J wanted his lemon cupcakes, so that was that....


Googled for a new lemon cupcake recipe as the last Rachel Ray recipe was a terrible - hopeless - lacked flavour and texture, the meringue was also lousy. Luckily this random recipe I tried was nice! Pretty good, a little less lemony than I would have liked, I'll add more juice next round. I also did a french meringue for the topping which was the right consistency for the cute little dollop tops I like. French meringue will definitely be my go to topping from now on as frosting such as buttercream frosting is just way too sweet, only good for occasional use.






Thought about making mini rugby balls but BLEH :P fresh raspberry tastes much better and less hassle for a work night! Glad Spring is finally here! Looking forward to all the fresh berries.


Creamed butter and sugar with eggs added

Recipe called for 2 sticks butter (226 gms), I somehow sliced 227 gms on the first go!
Been baking too much??

Finished batter

Lemon rind to add

Cuppies ready for toppings

Dollops of lemon curd

Topped with a french meringue and fresh raspberry

I find dollops cute :\

3 boxes for J to take to work. I need a reusable cupcake carrier!




Till next time! I'm having a hard time looking for more black cupcake wrappers and my cake pop stand still hasn't arrived :( so probably no baking this weekend from me!







0 comments:

Post a Comment