Monday, June 20, 2011

The start of our sugary and more than likely buttery adventures...

The Candy Apple Red colour first drew my eyes to KitchenAid mixers in 2009... 

KitchenAid Candy Apple Red 90th Anniversary Edition
I started obsessing about cupcakes and macarons around 2008.. the staring at and eating of them, not neccessarily the baking in the kitchen part ;) 

The famed Sprinkles cupcakes
Dreamt about sinking my teeth into Laduree's macarons!
Started thinking about baking towards the end of 2010. My lovely friend C, kindly demonstrated on her baby pink KA a batch of Cookie Monster and Elmo cupcakes in her kitchen. I only got as far as obtaining a couple of icing tips & bags! Content with looking at cupcakes from my favourite sugar artists @ Delectable by Su (KL) and @ Bella Cupcakes (AKL), I didn't give more thought to the baking idea.


Delectable by Su cupcake
Last month, I did my KA mixer research and  realised that if I didn't buy a Candy Apple Red 90th Anniversary edition now, the window of opportunity was closing, understandably, with only 2 left in the country. Not being a true baker, the odd apple crumble here and there doesn't count, I couldn't really justify the purchase...but my darling J shoo-ed me out the door near closing time on Saturday and told me to go get it! Perhaps it was the catalogues on the kitchen bench and pictures left on the iPad 2 ;)

Say hi to my Candy Apple Red!
So now I'm off to purchase the baking essentials. I've really only got an unused rolling pin and two S/S mixing bowls! Dreaming of lots of lemony and raspberry flavours!


Ciao~

0 comments:

Post a Comment