Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Baking Essentials!

So as I found out, the mixer was only the first step and there are tons of other baking essentials! There isn't a one stop shop unfortunately. Homestore and Milly's were good for bakeware, while Sugarcraft and Cake Stuff online were good for decorating items. Had to get the Silpats from Amazon and they are still making their slow way over from the states. 

Online order has arrived!
Love the KitchenAid spatula (fits the shape of the bowl perfectly) & ice cream scoop (for cupcake batter)
2  ea of Chicago Metallic Commercial cooling grids, doz muffin pans, cookie sheets

Some other stuff - will get a digital scale when I find one I like

One of my favourite new toys - WMF Oven Thermometer

Some icing tools and various consumables
Still awaiting some decorating items from Cake Stuff, Silpats and eco-friendly kraft boxes from states. The one gripe I did have with Milly's online ordering was they sent me cheaper S/S measuring cups and spoons when I ordered Amco ones, without informing me, that was rather presumptuous - it's not always about function! Styling matters too! *mumbles*

Think I'll start slow and easy by attempting Magnolia Bakery Vanilla cupcakes with signature swirl this coming weekend if the white cupcake cases & icing spatula (again backordered at Milly's without informing me) arrive on time. Wish me luck!

0 comments:

Post a Comment